Setting up an Instagram sales channel has never been easier! Use this helpful guide and discover how to set up one with Shopify in India!
The Instagram sales channel connects the products you have in your online store to your Instagram profile or page. Before adding the Instagram sales channel, you need to make sure you have a Facebook page and you’ve already added your products to Facebook.
Shopify is one of the most popular ecommerce platforms in India. This platform has helped millions of businesses from all over the world to set up and run online stores.
Adding an Instagram sales channel to your Shopify store has never been easier. Just follow these 4 steps:
- Step 1: Go to your Shopify admin, find the + button (the button is located in the Sales Channel heading).
- Step 2: Open the Add Sales Channel dialog, find Instagram and click to learn more about the channel.
- Step 3: Click Add Channel.
- Step 4: Log into your Facebook page to authenticate your Instagram account.
These 4 steps are applicable for desktop PCs and laptops. For iPhone and Android devices, the steps are a little bit different.
First, you need to download the Shopify app. Click Store > Add Channel > Instagram > Add Instagram. Log into your Facebook page to authenticate your account.
That’s it! After you’ve added your Instagram page, your account will be under a revision by the Instagram team. Once your page is being approved, you will see a notification in your profile.
From the Shopping page in your Instagram profile options, you can add your products. If you want to manage or edit your product catalog, you need to:
- Use Instagram, open your profile options, and go to Settings section.
- Tap Shopping, and confirm your Instagram account.
- Select yourstore.myshopify.com product catalog.
- Click Done.
If you want to change the name, product description, price or something else shown in the product tag details, you need to go to Shopify, edit the product listing on Shopify, and then publish the product to the Instagram sales channel.
Your Shopify store and Instagram page are now connected and every change in your Shopify store automatically reflects on your Instagram page.
Regardless of the products you sell, using Instagram’s power to understand your customers’ wants and promote your products, helps you drive more traffic and sales.